عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of environmental factors on distribution of Prangos uloptera in rangelands of Ardabil province. The habitats of Prangos were identified and the habitats, in which the study species was present, were selected. Sampling was also carried out in the vicinity of each habitat where the study species was not present. Three transects of 100-m length were established, on which canopy cover percentage and density of species were measured within 10 plots of 4m2. Soil samples were taken from the beginning, middle and end of each transect. In sampling places, altitude, slope, aspect, and soil characteristics were measured. Independent t test and cluster analysis were applied to comparison and classification of presence and non-presence areas and determination function was applied to determine the importance of factors affecting the presence of this species. The results of t test showed that there were significant differences between all variables except for temperature and precipitation. According to the results of cluster analysis, the studied species had more distribution in places with high altitude and steep slopes, high organic matter, and high nitrogen and sand. The results clearly showed that climatic parameters including precipitation and temperature as awell as altitude and sand percentage in the first grade and then aspect and soil characteristics including nitrogen and phosphorus in the second grade were the most important factors affecting the distribution of study species. According to the results, better decisions could be taken to use this species for range management, improvement and reclamation.
- Abbadi, G. A. and El Sheikh, M. A., 2002. Vegetation analysis of Failaka Island (Kuwait). Journal of Arid Environments, 50: 153-163.
- Badano, E. I., Cavieres, L.A., Molina-Montenegro, M. A. and Quiroz, C. L., 2005. Slope aspect influences plant association patterns in the Mediterranean motorral of central Chile. Journal of Arid Environments, 62: 93-98.
- Beers, T. W., Dress, P. E. and Wensel, L. C., 1966. Aspect transformation in site productivity research. Journal of Forestry, 64: 691-692.
- Bybordi, M., 1993. Soil Physics. Tehran University Press, Iran, 671p.
- Davies, K. W., Bates, J. D. and Miller, R. F., 2006. Vegetation characteristics across part of the Wyoming big sagebrush alliance. Rangeland Ecology & Management, 59: 567–575.
- Eshagirad, J., Zahedi amiri, Gh., Moroorie mohajer M. and Metaji, A., 2009. Relationship between vegetation and physical and chemical properties of soil inFagetum communities. Iranian Journal of Forest Research, 17(2): 174- 187.
- Fahimipor, E., Zare chahoki, M. A. and Tavili, A., 2010. The relationships between environment characteristics and vegetation in Taleghan rangelands. Iranian Journal of Rangeland, 4: 23-32.
- Fisher, F. M., Zak, J. C., Cunningham, G. L. and Whitfor, W. G., 1987. Water and nitrogen effects on growth and allocation pattern of creosote bush in northern Chihuahuan Desert. Journal of Range Management, 41:384-391.
- Gavili Kilaneh, E. and Vahabi, M. R., 2012. The effect of some soil characteristics on range vegetation distribution in central Zagros. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, 16 (59): 245- 258.
- Ghadimi, M. and Bakhshi, J., 2013. The effective soil factors in the distribution of vegetative types in Mighan playa (Iran) variables. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Science, 3(5): 199-204.
- Ghahreman, A., 1975-1999. Flora of Iran in colors. Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands Publishers. Iran, Volume 1-20.
- Ghorbani, A., Abasi Khalaki, M., Asghari, A., Atefeh, O. and Zare Hesari, B., 2015.Comparing environmental factors on distribution of Artemisia fragrans and Artemisia austriaca in southeastern rangelands of Sabalan. Iranian Journal of Rangeland, 9(2): 121-141.
- Gurgin Karaji, M., Karami, P., Shokri, M. and Safaeian, N., 2006. Investigation relationship between some important species and physical and chemical soil factors (Case study: Farhadabad sub catchment in Kurdistan; Saral ranglands). Iranian Journal of Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 73: 126-132.
- Jafari, M., Tavili, A., Rostampour, M. Zare Chahouki, M. A. and Farzadmehr, J., 2009. Investigation of environmental factors affecting vegetation distribution in the Zirkouh rangelands of Qaen. Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 62(2):197-213.
- Jafari, M., Rostam Pour, M., Tavili, A., Zare Chahouki, M. A. and Farzad Mehr, J., 2008. Direct gradient analysis of plant species and environmental factors in rangeland ecological groups Zirkouh Ghayen. Iranian Journal of Rangeland, 2(4): 339-343.
- Jafarian Jelodar, Z., Arzani, H., Jafari, M., Zahedi, Gh. and Azarnivand, H., 2010. Application of discriminate analysis for determination relationship between distribution of plant species with environmental factors and satellite data at Rineh rangeland in province of Mazandaran. Iranian Journal of Pajouhesh & Sazandegi. 88: 64-71.
- Kent, M. and Coker, A., 1992. Vegetation description and analysis, John Wiley & Sons, England, 12p.
- Mark, A. F., Dickinson, K. J. M. and Hofstede, R. G. M., 2000. Alpine vegetation, plant distribution, life forms, and environments in a humid New Zealand region: Oceanic and tropical high mountain affinities. Arctic Antarctic and Alpine Research, 32: 240-254.
- Mesdaghi, M., 2001. Description and analysis of vegetation. Published by Academic Center of Mashhad, Iran, 287p.
- Mohtasham Nia, S., 2011. A survey of important environmental factors affecting on distribution of the genus Artemisia in Fars province (Case study: steppe grasslands Fars). Iranian Journal of Natural Ecosystems, 1(3): 75-86.
- Northup, B. K., Brown, J. R. and Holt, J. A., 1996. Grazing impact on the spatial distribution of soil microbial biomass around tussock grasses in a tropical grassland. Journal of Applied Soil Ecology, 13:259-270.
- Sheikh Hosseini, A. R. and Noorbakhsh, F., 2007. The effect of soil and plant residues on net nitrogen mineralization. Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 75: 127-133.
- Shokrollahi, Sh., Moradi, H. R. and Dianati Tilaki, Gh. A., 2013. A survey of some environmental factors affecting on distribution of Agropyron cristatum (Case study: Polur Summer rangelands, mazandaran province), Watershed Management Research (Pajouhesh & Sazandegi), 97: 111-119.
- Sperry J. S. and Hacke, U. G., 2002. Desert shrub water relations with respect to soil characteristics and plant functional type. Journal of Functional Ecology, 16: 367–378.
- Toranjzar, H., Jafari, M. Azarnivand, H. and Ghannadha, M. R., 2005. Investigation on relationship between soil characteristics and vegetation properties in Voshnaveh rangeland in Qom Province. Desert, 10(2): 349-360.
- Zho, M., Hastie, T. J. and Walther, G., 2005. Constrained ordination analysis with flexible response function. Ecological Modeling, 187: 524-536.