عنوان مقاله [English]
Rangeland insurance can be one of the mechanisms to deal with inevitable risks of natural resources and may be the most appropriate strategy to reduce financial losses. Rangeland insurance in rural and tribal communities could be considered as a new phenomenon. In this research, the factors affecting rangelands insurance demand were investigated in Kalaleh district. The study was a survey research using questionnaires of pastoralists. In the questionnaires, several variables were examined. The target population was all pastoralists that had range management plan. Sample size was determined using Cochran's formula and estimated to be 115 people. In this research, to assess the factors affecting rangeland insurance demand econometrics patterns Logit model was used. Logit model parameters were estimated using maximum likelihood. According to the results, the effects of premium, forage residue, and membership in the council were negatively significant, while other factors were positively significant in rangeland insurance demand. Rangeland insurance can play an important role in range improvement and reclamation as well as increased production of rangelands. Accordingly, the need for implementation of educational and promotional programs to introduce the goals and benefits of rangeland insurance to the insurers in one hand and providing financial aids and improve the conditions for reimbursement of damages to the affected insurers in the other hand could provide the required facilities to help this part of society as well as greater willingness to extend their insurance and encourage other beneficiaries to insure their rangelands.
- اداره کل منابع طبیعی استان گلستان.، 1394. طرحهای مرتعداری شهرستان کلاله اجرا شده در سالهای مختلف. اداره کل منابع طبیعی استان گلستان، ایران، 42ص.
- اسماعیلپور، ن.، 1380. آشنایی با بیمه و انواع آن. معاونت ترویج و مشارکت مردمی، تهران، ایران، 67ص.
- یعقوبیفرانی، ا.، 1380. بررسی عوامل مؤثر بر پذیرش و عدم پذیرش بیمه دام روستایی در استان اصفهان. پایاننامه کارشناسی ارشد، دانشگاه تربیت مدرس.
- Amini, A., Jamshidi, M. and Sadeghi, M., 2002. Factors affecting the risk and willingness of livestock breeders in East Azarbaijan province to insure their livestock. Agricultural Economic and Development, 10 (39): 125-140.
- Amirjejad, H., Rafiee, H. and Rezapoor, T., 2009. Factors Affecting Insurance Acceptance by Rapeseed Farmers in Amol County. Journal of Agricultural Science, 19 (2):264-272.
- Barnett, J. and Coble, K. H., 1999. Understanking Crop Insurance Principles: A. Primer for Farm Leaders . Agricultural Economics Research Paper No . 209, Department of Agricultural Economics, Mississipi State University.
- Bishu, K. G., 2014. Risk management and the potential of cattle insurance in Tigray, Northern Ethiopia. Ph.D. Thesis, University College Cork. 238p.
- Fiskel, J., Goodman, I. and Hecht, A., 2014. Resilience: Navigating toward a Sustainable Future. Solutions. 5(5):38-47; http://www.thesolutionsjournal.com/node/237208
- Foladizadeh, M., Barani, H., Abedi Sarvestani, A. and Mostafaloo, H., 2017. Socio-economic Factors Affecting Acceptance of Livestock and Rangelands Insurance (Case Study: Agh Ghala county, Golestan Province, Iran), Journal of Rangeland Science. 1(7): 35- 44.
- Fraisse, C. W., Breuer, N. E., Zierden, D., Bellowc, J. G., Pazd, J., Cabrera, V.E., Garcia, Y., Garcia, A., Ingram, K. T., Hatch, U., Hoogenboomd, G., Jones, J. W. and Obrien, J. J., 2006. AgClimate: A climate forecast information system for agricultural risk management in the southeastern USA. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 53: 13-27.
- Goodwin, B. K. and Smith, V. H., 2013. What Harm is done by Subsidizing Crop Insurance? American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 95(2):489-497.
- Haq, A., Hartman, E. and Myers, A., 2003. Agriculture and green insurance. Research report. Ithaca: Cornell University.
- Horowitz, J. K. and Lichtenberg, E., 1993. Insurance, moral hazard, and chemical use in agriculture. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 75: 926-935.
- Javadian, A. and Farzaneh, D., 2004. Performance and experience of agricultural insurance in Iran. The 2nd conference of agricultural insurance, development and investment protection The 2nd
- Khalilnezhad, P. and Zamanipour, A., 2009. Study of Socio-economic Factors Effective on Farmers’ Attitude towards Insurance of Agricultural Crops in Southern Khorasan Province. Insurance & Agriculture, 6 (21):73-88.
- Little, P. D. and McPeak, J. G., 2014. Resilience and pastoralism in Africa south of the Sahara. 2020 Conference Brief (Washington, DC: International Food Policy Research Institute),75-82.
- Low, H., 1999. Self-insurance and Unemployment Benefit in a Life-cycle Model of Labour Supply and savings, Institute for Fiscal Studies Working Paper, 52p.
- Mahdavi, G. and Rinaz, S., 2006. When effort rimes with advantageous selection: a new approach to life insurance pricing, The Tokyo Economic Review, 75(1):1-11.
- Mahul, O. and Skees, J. R., 2007. Managing Agricultural Risk at the Country Level: The Case of Index- based Livestock Insurance in Mongolia’, Policy Research Working Paper 4325, Washington D.C: The World Bank.
- McCallister, T. R., 2014. Analysis of beenfits of rainfall index-annual forage insurance for winter stocker cattle producers in Texas and Oklahoma. Texas Tech University, Ms Thesis, 81p.
- Muzari, W., Muvhunzi, S., Soropa, G. and Kupika, O. L., 2014. Impacts of Climate Variability and Change and Farmers’ Responsiveness in the Agricultural Sector in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 3(9): 1726- 1731.
- Raheli, H., Hahati, B., Dashti, Gh., Shakeri, A. and Seyyed Akhlaghi, J., 2013. Effective factors on ranges insurance acceptance by rangers of Semnan Province. Journal of Range and Watershed Management, 66 (3): 335-346.
- Rasekhi, S., Mehrabi, A. A. and Javadi, S. A., 2013. Operators Satisfaction of Range Insurance in Fars Province. Journal of Village and Development, 15(2):155-170.
- Sarmad, Z., Bazargan, A. and Hejazi, A., 1999. The research system in behavioral Science. Agah Press, Iran.
- Smith, V. and Bagnet, A. E., 1999. The demand for multiple Peril crop insurance; evidence from Montana Wheat farms. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 78: 189-201.
- Trujillo, M., Baas, S., Ricoy, A., Battista, F., Herold, J. and Vantwout, T., 2015. Mainstreaming disaster risk reduction in agriculture: an assessment of progress made against the Hyogo framework for action. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Final report, 96p.
- Vandeveer, M. L., 2001. Demand for area crop insurance among litchi producers in northern Vietnam. Jurnal of Agricultural Economics, 26 (2): 173-184.
- Wenner, M. and Arias, D., 2003. Agricultural Insurance in Latin America: Where are we? Paper Presented in International Conference on Paving the Way Forward for Rural Finance.
- Williams. J. R., Corriker, G. L., Barnaby, G. A. and Harper, G. K., 1993. Crop insurance and disaster assistance design for wheat and grain sorghum. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 75(2): 435-447.
- Yusefi, Y., 2006. Role of insurance in reducing drought effects in Semnan province. Department of Natural Resources of Semnan Province.