عنوان مقاله [English]
The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of environmental factors on Prangos ferulacea Lindl. and P. pabularia Lindl. distribution in the rangelands of Ardabil province. Seven habitats of Prangos genus were identified, so that P. ferulacea was distributed in three habitats and P. papularia in two habitats. In each habitat, sampling sites were identified and in each site three transects of 100m were established, and the density of the study species were recorded in ten plots of 4m2. Soil samples were taken from the depth of 0 to 30 cm at the start, middle and end of each transect. In the vicinity of each habitat, sampling was done in the same way. In sampling plots, elevation, slope, aspect, and soil characteristics such as organic matter, N, P, K, pH, EC, and texture were measured. To investigate the effects of environmental factors on the presence or absence of the study species and to compare the characteristics of the variables measured one-way ANOVA and Tukey test were used.Discriminant analysis was used to determine the degree of importance of the environmental variables measured in the distribution of the study species. Results showed that P. pabularia was distributed in the habitats with the high content of P, clay, EC, rainfall, sand, slope and pH; while P. ferulacea was distributed where the elevation was high but rainfall and the content of K were low. According to the results of discriminant analysis, variables such as EC, organic matter, K, elevation, slope, aspect, silt, clay, rainfall, and temperature were effective in discrimination of sites and species distribution. The results of the present study could be useful to propose the species for range management, improvement and reclamation.
- Abbadi, G. A. and El Sheikh, M. A., 2002. Vegetation analysis of Failaka Island (Kuwait). Journal of Arid Environments, 50: 153-163.
- Beers, T. W., Dress, P. E. and Wensel, L. C., 1966. Aspect transformation in site productivity research. Journal of Forestry, 64: 691-692.
- Bybordi, M., 1993. Soil Physics. Tehran University Press, No, 1672, 671p.
- Davies, K. W., Bates, J. D. and Miller, R. F., 2006. Vegetation characteristics across part of the Wyoming big sagebrush alliance. Rangeland Ecology & Management, 59: 567–575.
- Eshagirad, J., Zahedi amiri, Gh., Moroorie mohajer M. and Metaji, A., 2009. Relationship between vegetation and physical and chemical properties of soil inFagetum communities. Iranian Journal of Forest Research, 17(2): 174- 187.
- Fahimipor, E., Zare chahoki, M. A. and Tavili, A., 2010. The relationships between environment characteristics and vegetation in Taleghan rangelands. Iranian Journal of Rangeland, 4: 23-32.
- Ghadimi, M. and Bakhshi, J., 2013. The effective soil factors in the distribution of vegetative types in Mighan playa (Iran) Variables. Iranian Journal of Agricultural Science, 3(5): 199-204.
- Ghahreman, A., 1993. Flora of Iran in colors. Vol 7. Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands Publishers. Iran. Tehran. 114
- Gheytori, M., 1996. Specific characteristics of ecology Prangos sp on Province Kermanshah. Iranian Journal of Pajouhesh and sazandegi, 32: 32-35.
- Ghorbani, A., Abasi Khalaki, M., Asghari, A., Atefeh, O. and Zare Hesari, B., 2015. Comparing environmental factors on distribution of Artemisia fragrans and Artemisia austriaca in southeastern rangelands of Sabalan. Iranian Journal of Rangeland, 9(2): 121-141.
- Hasani, J and shahmoradi, A. A., 2007. Autecology of Prangos ferulacea in Kurdistan province, Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 14(2): 171-184.
- Jafarian Jelodar, Z., Arzani, H., Jafari, M., Zahedi, Gh. and Azarnivand, H., 2010. Application of discriminate analysis for determination relationship between distribution of plant species with environmental factors and satellite data at Rineh rangeland in province of Mazandaran. Iranian Journal of Pajouhesh & Sazandegi. 88: 64-71.
- Kent, M. and Coker, A., 1992. Vegetation description and analysis, John Wiley & Sons, England.
- Mesdaghi, M., 2001. Description and analysis of vegetation (translation), published by Academic Center of Mashhad, 287p.
- Moghimi, J. and Ansari. V., 2003. Prangos Species is proper to improvement mountain ranges. Iranian Journal Forest and Range, 61: 60-67.
- Mozaffarian, V., 2007. Umbelliferae. In: Flora of Iran, No. 54. (Assadi, M., Khatamsaz, M. & Maasoumi, A.A., eds). Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, Pp. 596.
- Northup, B. K., Brown, J. R. and Holt, J. A., 1996. Grazing impact on the spatial distribution of soil microbial biomass around tussock grasses in a tropical grassland. Journal of Applied Soil Ecology, 13:259-270.
- Sperry J. S. and Hacke, U. G., 2002. Desert shrub water relations with respect to soil characteristics and plant functional type, Journal of Functional Ecology, 16: 367–378.
- Toranjzar, H., Jafari, M. Azarnivand, H. and Ghannadha, M. R., 2005. Investigation on relationship between soil characteristics and vegetation properties in Voshnaveh rangeland in Qom Province. Iranian Journal of Desert, 10(2): 349-360.
- Zho, M., Hastie, T. J. and Walther, G., 2005. Constrained ordination analysis with flexible response function. Ecological Modeling, 187: 524-536.