عنوان مقاله [English]
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between rangeland aboveground production based on total aboveground production and life forms of grasses, forbs, and shrubs with 25-year temperature and precipitation data, the year before sampling, and the year of sampling in Hir and Neur rangelands in Ardabil province. To determine the aboveground production, the amount of production was estimated using the harvesting method in one square meter plots (totally 330 plots) in three elevation classes under the range of 1446-2750 meters. Temperature and precipitation were calculated for each plot. Aboveground production maps were prepared in a GIS environment using extracted regression equations. The results showed that over the years, precipitation decreased and temperature increased, and aboveground production also decreased in relation to those climatic factors. Moreover, there is a significant relationship (P<0.01) between the aboveground production of life forms and total aboveground production with climatic factors, and aboveground production of grasses and total have a direct relationship with precipitation; however the maximum aboveground production of forbs was recorded in the middle ranges and maximum aboveground production of shrubs was recorded in the higher ranges of annual precipitation. Grasses and total aboveground production had an inverse relationship with temperature, and the maximum aboveground production of forbs and shrubs was recorded in the middle and lower ranges of annual temperatures, respectively. According to the accuracy of derived regression equations, the maps prepared by climatic data of 1394 and 1395 were better than 25-year climate data. The results of this study can be used for the supply-demand balance of aboveground production, biomass accounts, and ecosystem carbon balance indicator that is potentially an important tool for sustainable development.
- Abdollahi, J., Arzani, H. and Naderi, H., 2011. Effective meteorogical factors for forage production of Nodoushan steppe rangelands, Yazd province. Iranian Journal of Rangeland, 5(1): 45-56.
- Ahmadi, A., Akbarzadeh, M., Yeganeh, H., Bakhshandeh, M. and Ahmadi, E., 2013. Investigation on changes in consumption and production of rangeland species in Gharebagh rangelands of Urmia. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 20(3): 613-623.
- Akbarzadeh, M., Moghadam, M. R., Jalili, A., Jafari, M. and Arzani, H., 2007. Effect of precipitation on cover and production of rangeland plants in Polour. Iranian Journal of Natural Resource, 60(1): 307-322.
- Arzani, H. and Abedi, M., 2014. Rangeland evaluation. Vol 2, University of Tehran press, 322 p.
- Arzani, H., Pouzesh, H., Motamedi, J., Mirakhorli, R. and Niknejad, S. A., 2012. Effects of phenological stages on forage quality of five rangeland species in semi-steppe rangeland of Jashlobar Semnan. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Reseach, 19(3): 384-394.
- Azarakhshi, M., Farokhzadeh, B., Mahdavi, M., Arzani, H. and Ahmadi, H., 2012. Assesment of the standard index of annual precipitation, standardized precipitation index and palmer drought severity index in the rangelands of Qom province. Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 65(2): 159-173.
- Baghestani Maibodi, N. and Zare, M. T., 2006. Investigation of relationship between annual precipitation and yield in steppic range of Poosht-kooh region of Yazd province. Watershed Management Research, 75: 103- 107.
- Bates, J. D., Svejcar, T., Miller, R. F., and Angell, R. A., 2006. The effects of precipitation timing on sagebrush steppe vegetation. Journal of Arid Environments, 64: 670-697.
- Bork, E.W., Thomas, T. and Mcdougall, B., 2001. Herbage response to precipitation in central Alberta boreal grasslands. Journal of Range Management, 54: 243-248.
- Cook, J. G. and Irwin, L. L., 1992. Climate–vegetation relationships between the Great Plains and Great Basin. American Midland Naturalist, 127: 316–326.
- Dyksterhius, E. J., 1949. Condition and management of rangeland based upon quantitative ecology. Journal of Range Management, 2(3): 104-115.
- Ditomaso, J., 2005. Possible effects of climate change on weed competition and invasion. John Muir Institute of the Environment. California. USA
- Ehleringer, J. R., Schwinning, S. and Gebauer, R., 1999. Water use in arid land ecosystems. In: Press, M. C., Scholes, J. D. and Barker, M. G. (Eds.). Physiological Plant Ecology. Blackwell Science, Boston, USA, 347-365.
- Ehsani, A., Arzani, H., Farahpour, M., Ahmadi, H., Jafari, M. and Akbarzadeh, M., 2012. Evapotranspiration Estimation Using Climatic Data, Plant Characteristics and Cropwat 8.0 Software (Case Study: Steppic Region of Markazi Province, Roodshore Station). Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 19(1): 1-16.
- Farajzadeh, M., Fathnia, A. A., Alijani B. and Zeaiean, P., 2011. Assessment of climatic factors effect on vegetation in the zagross region using satellite images. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 18(1):107-123.
- Gervasio Pineiroa, G., Perelman, S., Guerschman, J.P. and Paruelo, J. M., 2008. How to evaluate models: Observed vs. predicted or predicted vs. observed? Ecological Modeling, 216: 316-322.
- Ghorbani, A., Mohammadi Moghaddam, S., Hashemi Majd, K. and Dadgar, D., 2018. Spatial variation analysis of soil properties using spatial statistics: a case study in the region of Sabalan mountain, Iran. Eco mont, 10(1): 70-80. https://dx.doi.org/10.1553/eco.mont-10-1s70.
- Ghorbani, A., Sharifi, J., Kavianpoor, A. H., Malekpour, B. and Mirzaei Aghche Gheshlagh, F., 2013. Investigation on ecological characteristics of Festuca ovina L. in southeastern rangelands of Sabalan. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 20(2): 369-396.
- IPNI., 2015. The International Plant Names Index. Retrieved from http://www.ipni.org. On: Spring of 2015.
- Jackson, H. and Prince, S.D., 2016. Degradation of net primary production in a semiarid rangeland. Biogeoscience, 13: 4721-4734.
- Karin, W., 1984. Estimating grazing yield from commonly available data. Journal of Range Management, 37(5): 471-475.
- Liu, Y., Pan, Q., Zheng, Sh., Bai, Y. and Han, X., 2012. Intra-seasonal precipitation amount and pattern differentially affect primary production of two dominant species of Inner Mongolia grassland. Acta Oecologica, 44:2-10.
- Mirjalali, A., 2015. The effect of climate on forage production in rangeland Tang Laybid Yazd province. Watershed Management Research, 105: 2-5.
- Moghadam, M. R., 2001. Range and Range Management. Tehran University Publications, 470 p.
- Mohammadi Moghadam, S., Mosaedi, A., Jankju, M. and Mesdaghi, M., 2015. Investigation on relation between rangelands production with effective climatic parameters and drought indices in Noudushan, Iran. Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 68(1): 131-148.
- Munkhtsetseg, E., Kimura, R., Wang, J. and Shinoda, M., 2007. Pasture yield response to precipitation and high temperature in Mongolia. Journal of Arid Environments, 70: 94-110.
- Newbauer, J. J., White, L.M., Moy, R. M. and Perry, D.A., 1980. Effects of increased rainfall on native forage production in eastern Montana. Journal of Range Management, 33(4): 246-250.
- Pournemati, A., 2014. Estimation primary production using remote sensing in Sabalan rangelands. M.Sc. thesis, Department of Range management, University of Mohaghegh Ardabili, Ardabil, 100p.
- Rechinger, K. H., (Ed), 1963–1998. Flora Iranica, vols. 1-180. Akademische Druck-u. Verlagsanstalt, Graz, Austria.
- Reeves, M. C., Moreno, A. L., Bagne, K. E. and Running, S.W., 2014. Estimating climate change effects on net primary production of rangelands in the United States. Journal of Climate Change, 126: 429-442.
- Sharifi, J., Fayaz, M., Azimi, F., RostamiKia, Y. and Eshvari, P., 2013. Identification of Ecological region of Iran (vegetation of Ardabil province). Institute Research of Forest and Rangeland Press. Report No. 42183/37.
- Walter, H., 1979. Vegetation of the earth. Second (Eds.). Springer-Verlag, New York, 274p.
- Wang, X., Li, F., Gao, R., Luo, Y. and Liu, T., 2014. Predicted NPP Spatiotemporal variations in a semiarid steppe watershed for historical and trending climates, Journal of Arid Environments, 104: 67-79.
- Zareh Hesari, B., Ghorbani, A., Azimi Motam, F., Hashmi Majd, K. and Asghari, A., 2014. Study the effective ecological factors on distribution of Artemisia fragrans in southeast faced slopes of Sabalan. Iranian Journal of Rangeland, 8(3): 238-250.