عنوان مقاله [English]
This study aimed to determine the best time of seed collection for Artemisia sieberi and Artemisia aucheri in Saleh abad rangelands of Baft County, Kerman province. After selecting a key area, the time of seed collection started from mid-November to end of January for Artemisia aucheri and from mid-October to mid-December for Artemisia sieberi. The seeds were evaluated for germination traits including germination percentage, germination rate, root length, shoot length, and vigor index. The data were analyzed, and the Duncan test was used to compare the mean values of treatments. The results showed that the delay in the time of seed collection of Artemisia sieberi from mid November to mid December caused an increased germination percentage, germination rate, seed vigor, and seedling length as 115, 119, 222, and 49%, respectively. The seeds of Artemisia aucheri collected in the first half of December compared to the first half of November increased seed vigor index, germination percentage, germination rate, and seedling length as 588, 336, 736, and 61%, respectively. Our finding showed that the delay in the time of seed collection in both of these species improved seed germination traits and seedling growth.
- Agrawal, R., 2003. Seed technology. Publication Company, PVT. LTD, New Delhi, India, 67p.
- Ahmadi, Z., Azarnivand, H. and Naseri, H., 2004. Investigation on interaction between salinity and time on seed germination of Artemisia fragrams and Artemisia spicigera. 3th national conference of range land and range management of Iran, Tehran, 163-164.
- Asgarian, M., 2004. Investigating of salinity and ardity effects on germination and seedling establishment of two rangeland spicies. Journal of Pajeuhesh & Sazandegi, 64: 71-77.
- Azarnivand, H., 2003. Botanical and ecological study of Artemisia sieberi and Artemisia aucheri in southern direction of Alborz Mountain. Ph.D thesis of range management, Natural Resourses Group, Tehran University, 205p.
- Bagheri, R., 2006. Investigating of grazing effect on secondary metabolite (essence), allelophatic and seed bank of Artemisia sieberi. Ph.D. thesis, Islamic Azad University, Research and Sciences Branch, Tehran, 136p.
- Bagheri, R., 2011. Rangeland ecosystems analyze. Islamic Azad University of Baft, 191p.
- Baskin, C. C. and Baskin, J. M., 1998. Seeds, ecology, biogeography and evolution of dormancy and Germination. Academic Press, Harcourt Brace and Company, London, 666p.
- Cordazzo, C.V., 2002. Effect of seed mass on germination and growth three dominant species in Southern Brazilian coastal dunes. Brazilian Journal of Biology, 62:427-435.
- Daneshgar, M., Erfanzadeh, R. and Qelichnia, H., 2017. Effects of some chemical treatments to break the seed dormancy of soil seed bank in the Plour Rangelands. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 24 (3): 503-512.
- Gazanchian, A., Zarif Ketabi, H., Paryab, A., Fileh Kesh, S., Neamati, G. H. and Imani, M., 2007. Determination of the Best Seed Harvest Date of Sagebrush (Artemisia spp.) in Khorasan Province. Journal of the Iranian Natural Resources, 60 (3):1073-1083.
- Ghasemi Firozabadi, A., Baghestani Mibodi, N., Zarei Mahmoodabadi, G. R. and Alisha Eratbani, F., 2012. Effect of time of seed collecting on seed germination of some perennial grasses of Yazd range land. Rangeland, 5(4): 392-399.
- ISTA (International Seed Test Association)., 1999. International Rules of Seed Testing. Seed Science and Technology, 27: 27-32.
- Jankju Borzelabad, M. and Tavakkoli, M., 2008. Investigating seed germination of 10 arid-land plant species. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Reseach, 15; (2): 215-226.
- Javadi, S. A. and Azarnivand, H., 2005. Investigation on Germination of Sage Brush (Artemisia aucheri). Iranian Journal Natural Resources, 58 (1): 209-215.
- Karimi, G., Arzani, H. and Asgarian, M., 2001. The best time of seed harvesting of Atriplex canescense in Zarand Saveh and Mighan kavir. Journal of Pajeuhesh & Sazandegi, 3: 9-11.
- Maguire J. D., 1962. Speed of germination - aid in selection and evaluation for seedling emergence and vigour. Crop Science, 2: 176-177.
- Rabiei, M., 2001. Ecological study on Artemisia spicies in Gilan province. Master's thesis, Department of Natural Resources, Tehran University, 186p.
- Rabiei, M., Jalili, A., Asri, Y. and Hamzehei, B., 2009. Population variation of Artemisia sieberi in Iran based on quantitative characters of leaf and seed and their relationships with habitat features. Iranian Botanical Journal, 10 (1): 57-61.
- Rafiolhoseini, M., Tedin, M. R. and Mazhari, M., 2014. The effect of dormancy breaking treatments on seed germination of Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra L.). Agriculture Journal, 16 (4): 809-817.
- Shabani, G., Chaichi, M. R., Torknejhad, A., Heydari Sharifabad, H. and Eshghizadeh, H. R., 2004. The effects of time and environmental conditions on the pertcentage of hardseed breakdown in annual medic (Medicago scutellata) cv. Robinson. Journal of Pajeuhesh & Sazandegi, 63: 91-95.
- Shams Esfandabadi, R., Shariati, M. and Modares Hashemi, S. R., 2005. Investigation of different treatment for breaking the dormancy of five seed populations of Stipa barbata Desf. Iranian Journal of Biology, 18(1): 48-59.
- Shariati, M. and Asemaneh, T., 2002. Study on different treatment for breaking seed dormancy of Achilla millifolium. Journal of Pajeuhesh & Sazandegi, 15(3,4): 2-8.
- Tavili, A., Zare, S. and Yari, R., 2010. Effect of different treatments on seed dormancy breaking and germination stimulation of Ammodendron persicum. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Reseach, 17 (3): 466-475.
- Zhang, J., Cui, Y., Zhang, L., Wang, Y., Li, J., Yan, G. and Hu, L., 2013. Seed coat color determines seed germination, seedling growth and seed composition of Canola (Brassica napus). International Journal of Agriculture Biology, 15 (3): 535-540.