عنوان مقاله [English]
The most important executive policy of the government is optimizing range management plans in the rangelands. Improvement, development and proper exploitation of rangelands depend on understanding the current rangeland condition and selecting a range management method (balanced, natural and artificial) to be implemented in the form of a range management plan (RMP). Data were collected from 16 ranch units of Haraz River watershed to investigate differences in methods. At first, the statistics and information of the rangelands including the total percentage of vegetation and each of the important desirable and increasing species, rangeland condition and trend, and rangeland production were extracted and studied in 2016. To determine the best range management method based on rangeland condition, the analysis of variance was used in a completely randomized design with three treatments. To compare the effect of each method during the implementation of the plan and in the current situation on the rangeland condition, trend and production of rangelands, the Duncan's test and to compare the quantitative characteristics measured before and after the implementation of the rangeland management plans, a two-sample independent t-test were used. Moreover, the non-parametric Mann-Whitney U test was used to compare qualitative characteristics using SPSS. In this research, rangeland management methods were considered as a treatment and time intervals were considered as a replicate. The results showed that although the vegetation percentage of palatable species composition did not increase, the balanced and natural methods were the best rangeland management methods in the good and fair rangeland condition, respectively. The reason for not increasing the palatable species was the unsuccessful implementation of planned programs in Range Management Plans (RMPs). On the other hand, although the artificial range management method was correctly performed in the RMPs with poor vegetation types, the implementation of these plans had no significant effect on the rangeland condition and trend of the study rangelands due to the high livestock population. It has also caused the cost of implementing reclamation and improvement projects on the beneficiaries. Although the percentage of vegetation cover of undesirable species of rangelands has increased, over the past 25 years, the total percentage of canopy cover and production has decreased. It seems that rangeland plans will be more effective when there is a balance between grazing capacity and livestock population.
- Alizadeh, A. and Mahdavi, F., 2007. Supervision of range management plans. The use of experts of the engineering organization. Journal of Agricultural and Natural Resources Engineering System, 17: 65 -68.
- Arzani, H., 1994. Some aspects of estimating short and long term rangeland carrying capacity in the Western Division of New South Wales, Ph.D.Thesis, Universty of New South Wales. Australia.
- Arzani, H., Eftekhari, A. R. Dehdari, S, Borhani, M. and Kiani, R., 2011. Final report of the investigating the effect of rangeland plans on the condition and capacity of rangelands in the arid and semiarid climatic zones. University of Tehran, 243p.
- Azarnivand, H. and Zare Chahuki, M. A., 2001.Range improvement, University of Tehran, 289-310p.
- Badripur, H., 1996. Effect of distance from the water source on vegetation characteristics. M.Sc. Thesis, Faculty of Natural resources, University of Tehran.
- Borhani, M., Arzani, H. and jaber al-ansar, Z., 2017. Assessment of range management methods and proposed grazing systems in Semirom, Esfahan Province. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 21(3): 530-540.
- Dehdari, S., Arzani, H., Mohammadi, H., Zare Chahuki, M. A. and Shaban Ali Fami, H., 2014. Comparison of rangelands with/without range management plan (RMP) using application of Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) in Semirom. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 21(3): 383-393.
- Domehri vosta kalaei, R. A., 2000. Investigation of range management small projects according to select best improvement methods of degradation rangeland in different climate situation. M.Sc.Thesis, Rangeland department, Faculty of Natural resources, University of Tarbiat Modarres.
- Ebrahimi meymand, M. A., 2009. Investigation of range management projects effect on soil and plant cover of rangeland in Eshtehard. M.Sc. Thesis, Rangeland department, Faculty of Natural resources, University of Tarbiat Modarres.
- Eftekhari, A., 2011. Investigate and comparing of management kind effect on rangeland condition (Case study: Zarandie, Saveh rangelands). Ph.D. Thesis, Faculty of Agriculture and Natural resources, Science and Research branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran.
- Fakhimi, A, E., Mesdaghi, M. and Dianati tilaki, G. A., 2011.The variation of vegetation factors along the grazing gradient in Steppic Rangelands of Nodushan, Yazd Province, Iran ,Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Reseach, 18(2): 219-230.
- Heydari, G., Agili, S. M., Barani, H., Gorbani, G. and Mahboobi, M. R., 2010. Correlation analysis between range condition and participation rate in rangeland plans (Case study: Baladeh rangelands Mazandaran Province). Rangeland journal, 4(1):138-149.
- Hoshino, A., Yoshihara, Y., Sasaki, T., Okayasu, T., Jamsran, U., Okuro, T. and Takeuchi, K., 2009. Comparison of vegetation changes along grazing gradients with different numbers of livestock. Journal of Arid Environment, 73:687-690.
- Hossien zadeh. G, Jalilvand. H. and Tamartash, R., 2008.Vegetation cover changes and some chemical soil properties in pastures with different grazing intensities. Iranian journal of Range and Desert Research, 14(4):500-512.
- Imani, J., Tavili, A., Bandak, I., Gholinejad, B., 2011. Assessment of vegetation changes in rangelands under different grazing intensities. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 17(3): 393-401.
- Karimian, A.A., Barani, H., Mahboubi, M.R. and Yaghmaie, F., 2008. Investigation some reasons of successful and failure of grazing systems in range management plans, Case Study: Range management plans prepared for winter rangelands in Semnan Province. Journal of Rangeland, 3(2): 217-231.
- Khaksari, A. M., 2010. Investigation of range management projects effect to prevention of desertification in semi-arid region of Mian-rood Toyserkan. M.Sc.Thesis, Rangeland department, college of Agriculture and Natural resources, University of Tehran.
- Kohandel. A., Chaichi. M. R., Arzani. H., Mohseni Saravi M. and Zahedi Amiri. G., 2007. Effect of different grazing intensities on plant cover composition, and on moisture content, mechanical resistance and infiltration rate of the soils, Savojbolagh Rangelands. Journal of the Iranian Natural Resources, 59(4): 1001- 1011.
- Mazhari, M., Khaksar astaneh, H. and Motalebi M., 2009. Calculation of the efficiency of rangelands granted in the form of range management plans in Khorasan Razavi province. Sixth Iranian Agriculture Economics Conference.
- Mesdaghi, M., 2007. Range management in Iran. Astane Ghods Razavi Press. 9th Edition, 231p.
- Moghaddam, M. R., 2009. Range and Range Management. Tehran University Press, 421p.
- Moradi, E. and Mofidi, M., 2012. Effects of grazing exclosure on vegetation in Semi- Steppe rangelands of Semirom in Esfahan (Case study: Hana). Journal of Rangeland. 3.
- Motamedi, J., 2011. Estimating model of short-term and long-term grazing capacity for equilibrium of animal and forage, Ph.D. thesis, Faculty of Natural resources, University of Tehran.
- Mousavi nejad, A., 1996. Investigating the effects of rangeland management on the condition, tendency and production of rangelands in Semnan province. M.Sc. Thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources. University of Tehran.
- Qandali, K., 2001. Comparison of effect of range management methods on Rangelands in Semnan Province. M.Sc. Thesis, Emam Khomeini University.
- Safari, H., Arzani, H. and Tavili, A., 2016. Selection of rangeland breeding methods based on environmental conditions. (Case study: Middle Taleghan rangelands). Range and Watershed Management, Iranian Natural Resources Journal, 69(3): 611-619.
- Sardari, M., 1999. Investigation of different methods role in utilization and management of rangeland condition in Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari rangelands, M.Sc. Thesis, Rangeland department, Faculty of Natural resources, University of Tarbiat Modarres.
- Shirmardi, H.A., 2010. Final report of project study of preference value of range plants and grazing behavior in Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari province. Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Iran.
- Tahmaseb haghighi, R., Heidari, Gh., Tamartash, R. and Zali, SA., 2012. The study of the effects of native and traditional practices on rangeland management (Case study: Six-block -Fars province rangelands), M.Sc. Thesis, Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Sari.
- Tawafi, S. and Arzani, H., 2012. Evaluation of the sustainability of rangeland exploitation by integrating social, economic, GIS and RS indices (Case study: Chalous Road ranges in the Arengeh) Ph.D. Thesis, Faculty of Agriculture and Natural resources, Science and Research branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran.
Valentine, J. F., 2001. Grazing Management. University of San Francisco, USA. 659p.