عنوان مقاله [English]
Festuca sulcata L. as a perennial grass is special to semi- steppe rangelands in alpine regions. In order to evaluate the growth quality, forage and seed yields, five extensions of this species were planted under rainfed conditions in a completely randomized block design with three replications at Samian station in Ardebil. After establishment of the seedlings, traits, such as viability percentage, crown cover, shrub height, seedling vigor, and forage and seed yields were measured from 2010 to 2014, at the end of the growing season. The data were analyzed using SAS software and comparison of the means of the evaluated traits was performed by Duncan's multiple range tests at P ≤ 0.05. The results showed that the greatest percentages of crown cover (997.77 cm2), shrub height (45.88 cm) and seed viability (100%) were belonged to Sarein-Alvaris accession. Average values of forage and seed yields were 528.58 and 93.33 kg ha-1 y-1, respectively. There was no significant difference between accessions in term of seed yield but there was a significant difference (P ≤ 0.01) between years. The average seed production in the studied ecotypes was 95.33 kg ha-1. Consequently, superior accessions of this species with great potential for foliage production can be used in the process of restoration and development of semi- steppe rangelands in alpine region.
- Asri, Y., 2011. Range Plants of Iran, Vol: Monocotyledons. Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Iran. Tahran. 569p.
- Beard, J., 1973. Turfga grass: science and culture, prentice-Hall,Englewood cliffs,nj. Clayton, W.D. and S.A. Renovize., 1986. Genera graminum. Her Majestys Stationery Office, London.
- Ghorbani, A., Sharifi. J., Kavianpoor, A. H., Malekpour, B. and Mirzaei Aghche-Gheshlagh, F., 2013. Autecology of Festuca ovina L. in southeast rangelands of Sabalan , Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Reseach, 20 (2) 379-395.
- Hull, R., 1992. Energy relatio and carbohydrate partitioning in Turfgrass, 175-205.
- Hybner, R., Nelson, B., Taylor, B., Brazee, B. and Nordquist, T., 2008. Comparative Evaluation plantings of cool and warm season grasses; www. sharpseed.
- Imani, A. A., sharifi, J. and Ali-Akbarzadeh, E., 2009. Genetic evaluation for herbage yield quality in 2 forage grass species Festuca arundinacea & Dactylis glomerata under 2 dryland farming and Irrigated conditions. Technical Report Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands-Iran. 105 p.
- Jafari, A., Connolly, V. and Walsh. E. J., 2003. Genetic analysis of yield and quality in full-sib families of perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.) under two cutting managements. Irish Journal of Agricultural and Food Research. 42: 275-292.
- Javanshir, A., 1990. Study on vegetation cover of Sabalan Mountain. Organization Jahad Sazandegi Azarbayjan E Province, Tabriz, 152p.
- Kemp, D. R. and Culvenor, R. A,. 1990. Improving the grazing and drought tolerance of temperate perennial grasses. New Zealand. Journal of Agriculture research, 37:365-378.
- Mozaffarian, V., 2007. A Dictionary of Iran plant names Latin, English and Persian, Farhang Moaser, Tehran, 671 p.
- Mirhaji, T., Sanadgol, A. A. and Jafari, A. A., 2013. Evaluation of 16 accessions of Festuca ovina L. in the nursery of Homand-Abesard Rangeland Research Station. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Reseach, 20 (1):11-22.
- Meteorological organization of Iran- Meteorological Ardabil., 2012. weather data of Ardabil region.
- Peymani-fard, B., Malekpour, B. and Faezipour, B., 1985. Guide to dry farming of the most important range plant species in Iran. Researrch Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, Iran, 79 p.
- Plumer, A. P., Huli, A. C., Stewart, J. R. and Robertson, J. H., 1955. Seeding rangelands in Utah, Nevada, Southern Idaho and Western Wyoming. Agricuture Handbook No. 71.32 USDA-Fsgen.Tech. Repopt INT-120. 19.
- Pabu, H., 1972. Improvement and developmend rangelands Iran. Translated by Sheidaee. G, Forests and RangelandsOrganization, Tahran. 219 p.
- Sanadgol, A. A., 1991. Study of Adaptation plant range in Maravetappe, Chapar-Ghoeme and Aqqala areas. Technical Report Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands-Iran.
- Sharifi, J. and Shamoradi. A. A., 2008. Research of ecological characteristic Poa araratica L. in rangeland ecosystem of aras watershed Ghareh-su Ardabil province. Iranian. Journal of Pajouhesh-va-Sazandegi in Natural Resources, (78): 2-10.
- Sharifi, J., Ghasriyani, F. and Rostamikia, Y., 2015. The evaluation of the most important populations of perennial forage grasses in different bioclimatic zones of Iran (Ardabil province). Final Report of Research Project, Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands-Iran. 53p.
- Sadat Madaeni, H., Jafari, A. A., Safari, H. and Shirvani, H., 2017. Evaluation of herbage yield stability in several accessions of Agropyron trichophorum in drought stress and non-stress environments, using AMMI model and other stability analysis methods. Iranian Journal of Rangelands and Forests Plant Breeding and Genetic Research, 25(2):358-371.
- Sharafatmand Rad, M., Heshmati, Gh., Forouzeh, M. R. and Badripour, H., 2014. Evaluation of relationship of production and utilization of Agropyron cristatum and Stipa barbata with height, basal diameter and canopy diameter as dimensional variables. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Reseach, 21 (3): 447-454.
- Simane, B. P., Struik, C., Nachit, M. M. and Peacock, M. J., 1993. Ontogenic analysis of yield components and yield stability of durum wheat in water-limited environments. Journal of Euphytica, 71: 211-219.