عنوان مقاله [English]
Managing the optimal use of water resources is one of the most important issues in sustainable development. Considering the importance of studying groundwater in the field of drinking, industry and agriculture, the study of water qualitative changes can be important for humankind. In this study, groundwater level depletion and electrical conductivity (EC) were used to investigate the quantitative and qualitative changes of groundwater in Karaj plain. The water level hydrographs were drown using Thiessen method based on the piezometric wells data and the groundwater depletion, the elevation contour line, and iso- electrical conductivity maps were provided using GIS. Quantitative changes were studied with reading of each well in different months in a 15-year period (2001-2016). The obtained results showed that the vast range of Karaj plain was depleted due to the lack of proper recharge as well as the over-exploration of groundwater. In addition, the relation between EC and anions and cations (such as Ca2+, Mg2+, K+, Cl-, Na+, SO42-, HCO3-) were determined. The calculated Standard Index of Annual Precipitation (SIAP) in five meteorological stations showed groundwater depletion due to rainfall reducing and drought. Electrical conductivity had direct relation with concentration of ions in all cases. According to the hydrographs, the average level of groundwater decreased to 1.02 m over 15 years and the groundwater level depletion consequently decreased the water quality.
- Ahmadi, S. and Sedghamiz, A., 2007. Geostatistical analysis of spatial and temporal variations of groundwater level. Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 129:277–294.
- Akbari, M., Jorga, M. and Sadat, M., 2009. Investigation of Groundwater Loss Using Geographic Information System (GIS) (Case study: Mashhad plain aquifer). Journal of Water and Soil Conservation Studies, 16(4): 63-78.
- Alizadeh, A., 2010. Principles of applied hydrology. 30th Edition, University of Mashhad, Reza (AS). 912p.
- Babakhani, M., Zehtabian, G., Keshtkar, A.R. and Khosravi, H., 2016. Trend of groundwater quality changes, using geo statistics (case study: ravar plain).Journal of Pollution, 2(2): 115-129.
- Chitzazan, M., Mirzaie, Y., Mohammadi, H., Shaban, M., Ghaffari, H. and Mousavi, F., 2009. The impact of a short term on the quantity and quality of groundwater resources (Case study of Khoyesh plain in Khuzestan province). Second National Conference on the Effects of Ages and its Management Solutions, Isfahan, 70-77 p.
- Dianati Tilaki, R. and Falah. F., 2009. Trend analysis of groundwater EC and Hardness in coastal region of Sari, Mazandaran Province, 12th Conference of Environmental.
- Ebrahimi, A., Mohammadi, F., Kaveh, N. and Mallammadi, M., 2009. Analysis and evaluation of the effect of drought on reduction of water levels in Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari province wetlands using RS, GIS. Fifth National Conference on Watershed Management Sciences and Engineering, Gorgan, Iran.
- Fattahi, M., 2010. Investigation of desertification process in Qom province using remote sensing data with emphasis on changes in land use and quantitative and qualitative changes of water resources. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 16(2):234-253.
- Fetouani, M., Sbaa, M., Vanclooster, M. and Bendra, B., 2008. Assessing ground water quality in the irrigated plainof Triffa (northeast Morocco). Journal of Agricultral Water Management, 95: 133-140.
- Jafari, R. and Bakhshandeh Mehr, L., 2014. Investigation of spatial variations of salinity and alkalinity of groundwater in Isfahan province using statistics of land, science and technology of agriculture and natural resources.Journal of Water and Soil Science, 18(68): 183-195.
- Jahanshahi, A., Rohi Moghaddam, A and Dewari, A., 2014. Evaluation of groundwater quality characteristics using GIS and statistics (Case study: Abkhane plain, Babak City). Journal of Water and Soil Sience, 24(2): 183-197.
- Jamshidzadeh, Z. and Mirbagheri. S., 2011. Evaluation of groundwater quantity and quality in the Kashan Basin, Central Iran. Journal of Desalination, 270: 23-30.
- Khosravi, H., Karimi, K., Nakhaee, S. and Mesbahzadeh, T., 2016. Investigation of spatial structure of groundwater quality using geostatistical approach in Mehran plain. Iran. Journal of Pollution 2 (1): 57-65
- Masoudi, R., Zehtabian, Gh. R., Ahmadi, H. and Malekian, A., 2016. Evaluation of the quantitative and qualitative changes of groundwater quality in Kashan plain.Journal of Desert Management, 5: 65-78.
- Mozafarizadeh, J. and Chitzazan, M., 2007. Investigating the effect of geological formations on the quality of groundwater resources in Gotvand plain. First Conference on Environmental and Medical Geology, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran.
- Nakhaee, S., Zehtabian, G., Malekian, A. and Khosravi, H., 2017. A survey on spatial and temporal variations of groundwater quality and quantity in Sarayan plain in south Khorasan province. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 24 (267): 267-278
- Panda, D.K., Mishra, A., Jena, S. K., James, B. K. and Kumar. A., 2007. The influence of drought and anthropogenic effects on ground water in Orissa, India. Journal of Hydrology, 343: 140-153.
- Rahmani, M., Mesbah, H., Hosseini Marandi, H. and Najafinejad, A., 2009, Investigating the effect of underground water damage on the creation of a ditch in Fars Neyriz plain. 5th National Conference on Watershed Management Sciences and Engineering, Gorgan, Golestan, Iran.
- Rafiee Imam, A., Zahtabian, G. R. and Ehsani, A., 2004. Investigating the development of farms and vegetation planting on the edge of the desert. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 11(3): 323-341.
- Saleh, I. and Shahedi, K., 2014. The effect of climate change on flow regime using two meteorological and hydrological indices. Journal of Applied Hydrology, 1(1): 45-50.
- Shabani, M., 2008. Determine the most suitable land statistics method for the preparation of a map of TDS changes and groundwater pH (case study: Arsanjan Plain).Journal of Water Engineering, 1(1): 47-57.
- Taqhizadeh Mehrjerdi, R., Mahmoudi, S., Khodaee, S. and Heidari, A., 2008. A Study of Spatial Change of Underground Ahabi Salinity Using Land Statistics (A Case Study: Rafsanjan), Second Specialized Conference on Environmental Engineering.
- Zare Abyaneh, H., Bait Warkeshe, M. and Marofi, S., 2012. Evaluation of water depth fluctuations in Malayer plain. Journal of Water and Soil Science, 22(2): 173-190.
- Zaiming, Z., Guanghui, Z., Mingjiang, Y. and Jinzhe, W., 2012. Spatial variability of the shallow groundwater level and its chemistry characteristics in the low plain around the Bohai Sea, North China. Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 184(6): 3697-3710.
- Zehtabian, G., Khosravi, H. and Ghodsi, M., 2010. High demand in a land of water scarcity: Iran. Water and sustainability in Arid Regions, Springer, Chapter 5, 75–86pp.