عنوان مقاله [English]
Due to vast desert area in Iran, wind regime studies are important for the railway safe design as well as aeolian sediment transport. In this study wind regime and sand drift potential (DP) were calculated with Fryberger method in nine meteorological stations located near to the Qom –Tehran railway (178 km). For this reason, hourly wind speed and direction data were analyzed. Annual wind roses showed that West and Northwest winds were predominantly about 40%, 50%, 42% and 57% at the stations of Tehran, Shahriyar, Qom, and Imam Khomeini airport, respectively. The highest amount of sand drift potential was at the Imam Airport station (DP= 574, UDI=0.8) in the west and its lowest value was at Qom station (DP= 109, UDI= 0.47) in the south of the region. The drift potential (DP) for aeolian deposits was generally high (DP >400) in the Garmsar (DP= 481), Salafchegan (DP= 485), Saveh (DP= 552) and Imam Khomini airport (DP=574) climatological stations. DP was relatively moderate (200>DP>400) at the Shariyar and Kahak stations in the northwest and south of study area, respectively; and weak (DP<200) in the Tehran and Qom climatological stations. There was an increasing trend in the transport of sand when moving from Namakzar railway station to the Imam Khomeini railway station. Also field evaluations indicated the sensitivity of the Separ Rostam-Namakzar block to entry of sand, which was 21.3 kilometers long. Finally, it is suggested to railway directors of the Islamic Republic of Iran to proceed with the assessment of sand drift potential near railways station for control of sand deposition.
- Abbasi, H., Gohardoust, A., Khaksarian, F. and Ganjali, M., 2018. Morphologic characteristics of aeolian deposits and erosive winds in Sistan plain, Journal of Desert Management, 5(10): 28-42.
- Ahlbrandt, T. S., 1979, Textural parameters of eolian deposits. A study of global sand seas, 1052: 21-51.
- Ahmadi, H., Ekhtesasi, M. R., Feiznia, S. and Ghanei Bafghi., M. J., 2002. Control methods of wind erosion for railroads protection (case study: Bafgh refion), Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 55 (3): 327-339.
- Chen, Y .N., Li, W. H., Yang, S. Q. and Xu, H. Y., 2002. Environmental hazards in Xinjiang line of new Eurasian continental bridge. Science in China Series D: Earth Sciences, 45 (Supplement1): 35–40
- Cheng, J. J., Jiang, F. Q., Xue, C. X., Xin, G. W., Li, K. C. and Yang, Y. H., 2015. Characteristics of the disastrous wind-sand environment along railways in the Gobi area of Xinjiang, Journal of Atmospheric Environment, 102: 344-354.
- Ekhtesasi, M. R., 2005. Morphometry and morphodynamic facies wind erosion in Yazd-Ardakan and to determine the procedure to be applied in desertification assessment models. Ph.D. Thesis, Natural Resource Faculty, University of Tehran.
- Fryberger, S. G., 1979. Dune forms and wind regime (A study of global sand seas). 1052: 137-169.
- Jafari, M., Panahi, F., Ahmadi, H., Abassi, H. R., Mosavi, M., Zare Chahouki, M. A. and Tavili, A., 2006. Assessment of soil criteria indices for desertification studies in Ghom province.Iranian Journal of Rangeland and Desert Research, 13(3): 278-283.
- Mesbahzadeh, T. and Ahmadi, H., 2012. Investigation of sand drift Potential (Case study: Yazd–Ardakan plain). Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology, 14: 919-928.
- Mujabar, P. S. and Chandrasekar, N., 2013. Coastal erosion hazard and vulnerability assessment for southern coastal Tamil Nadu of India by using remote sensing and GIS. Journal of Natural Hazards, 69 (3): 1295–1314.
- Naseri, H. R. and Azizabadi Farahani, A., 2018. wind and erosion effects on Sarakhs-Mashhad railway (Gonbadli station). 4th national conference of wind erosion and dust storm, Iran (Yazd), 7-8 March: 258-269.
- Nazari Samani, A. A., Abassi, H. R., Ahmadi, H. and Rahdari, M. R., 2017. Quantitative modeling of sand dunes’ height and distance using geomorphometric studies in central deserts of Iran. Iranian Journal of Rangeland and Dessert Research, 24(1): 210-223.
- Nazari Samani, A. A., Tavakoli, A., Ghasemieh, H., Mashhadi, N. and Rahdari, M. R., 2017. Integration of anemometers data and geomorphology of sand dunes in Kashan Erg. Iranian Journal of Rangeland and Dessert Research, 24(1): 67-79.
- Nazari Samani, A. A., Khosravi, H., Mesbahzadeh, T., Azarakhshi, M. and Rahdari, M. R., 2016. Determination of sand dune characteristics through geomorphometry and wind data analysis in central Iran (Kashan Erg). Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 9(18): p.716.
- Rahdari, M. R., 2014. Classification of sand dunes base on the geomorphometric characteristics. M.Sc. Thesis, Natural Resource Faulty, University of Tehran, Iran.
- Shao, L. and Lin, B. L, 2009. Environment impact assessment of desert railway based on fuzzy comprehensive evaluation. Journal of the China Railway Society, , 31(5): 84–89.
- Shao, Y., 2008, Physics and modelling of wind erosion. Springer Science & Business Media, Germany.
- Shen, W. S., Zhang, H., Zou, C. X., Cao, X. Z. and Tang, X. Y., 2004. Approaches to prediction of impact of Qinghai-Tibet Railway construction on alpine ecosystems alongside and its recovery. Journal of Chinese Science Bulletin, 49 (8): 834–841.
- Wang, G. X., Yao, J. Z., Guo, Z. G., Wu, Q. B. and Wang, Y. B., 2004. Changes in permafrost ecosystem under the influences of human engineering activities and its enlightenment to railway construction. Journal of Chinese Science Bulletin, 49 (16): 1741–1750.
- Webb, N. P., McGowan, H. A., Phinn, S. R. and McTainsh, G. H., 2006. AUSLEM (Australian Land Erodibility Model): A tool for identifying wind erosion hazard in Australia. Journal of Geomorphology, 78(3): 179-200.
- Xie, S., Qu, J. and Pang, Y., 2017. Dynamic wind differences in the formation of sand hazards at high-and low-altitude railway sections. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 169: 39-46.
- Zhang, K. C., Qu, J. J., Liao, K. T., Niu, Q. H. and Han, Q. J., 2010. Damage by wind-blown sand and its control along Qinghai-Tibet Railway in China. Journal of Aeolian Research, 1: 143–146.
- Zhang, K. C., Qu, J. J., Niu, Q. H. and Han, Q. J., 2011. Characteristics of wind-blown sand and dynamic environment in the section of Wudaoliang-Tuotuo river along the Qinghai-Tibet railway. Journal of Environmental Earth Sciences, 64(8): 2039-2046.