عنوان مقاله [English]
Collection of appropriate quantitative data is necessary for proper management and planning in rangelands. One of the ways to access this information is choosing the appropriate methods of sampling and determining the appropriate length of transect for vegetation cover measurement. Therefore, this study was conducted in 2016 in Ariz rangelands located in the northwestern of Sanandaj city. For this purpose, transects with a length of 20, 50, 100, 150, 200, 300 and 400 meters, each with four replications were established perpendicular to slope and parallel to slope in the vegetation type of Bromus tomentellus - Festuca ovina. The 400-m transect was considered as a control for calculations. The obtained data from sampling were compared by ANOVA. The obtained results from different transect lengths were also compared by (E%) 2×T factor. The mean comparisons of vegetation cover percentage of transects were performed using t-student test. According to the results of this study, the transects of 20, 50, 100 and 150m length showed a significant difference with the control transect (400 m) in terms of accuracy index ((E%) 2 × T). However, there was no significant difference among the transects of 200, 300 and 400 meters length for the accuracy index. Therefore, the application of 200-meter transect is recommended regarding the cost and time.
- Ardakani, M. R., 2012. Ecology. University of Tehran, 340p.
- Arefiyan, M., Rabie, M., Asri, Y. and Bakhshi Khaniki, Gh., 2013. Comparison on canopy coverage estimation methods of Calligonum comosum L’Her. and Amygdalus eburnea Spach in Shahr-e-babak of Kerman, Iran. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 20(4): 764-782.
- Baghesatni Maybodi, N., Zare, M. T. and Abdollahi, J., 2007. Effects of 2-decade livestock exclusion on vegetation changes in steppic rangelands of Yazd province. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 13(4): 337-346.
- Baranian Kabir, E., Mousavi, S. A., Mosadeghi, M. R. and Bassiri, M., 2017. Economic consequences of converting Rangelands to dry farmlands, focusing on soil and water conservation services. Iranian Journal of Applied Ecology, 6(2): 27-41.
- Borhani, M., 2001. Compare the estimation methods of steppe Artemisia coverage and density in Isfahan province. M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural resources, Isfahan University of Technology, 157p.
- Clarke, V., 2009. Establishing vegetation transects. Department of Environment and Conservation, Western Australia. SOP No: 6.2, 8 pp.
- Hosseinpor, R., Akbarzadeh, A., Khodakarimi, A., Adshive, S. and Arzani, A., 2006. Evaluation the rangelands of different weather regions in province of Azarbaijan Gharbi. Research Project, Natural Resources and Animal Sciences Research Center, Azarbaijan Gharbi Province.
- Imani, J., Ebrahimi A., Tahmasebi P. and Gholinejad, B., 2017. Comparison of layout, number and dimensions of ground samples within 30 *30 pixels of Landsat 8 to determine the correlation between canopy cover percentage of dominant species in here site with NDVI index. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 24(2): 429-440.
- Iran Meteorological Organization, 2016. Statistical period of 1990 to 2005. https://www.irimo.ir.
- Kaviani, M., 2009. Compare different methods of measuring the density and area of vegetation cover for Stipa hohenackeriana and Artemisia sieberi in the steppe region of saline River of Saveh. M.Sc. thesis, Tehran University of Payam Noor.
- Kercher, S. M., Frieswyk, Ch.B. and Zedler, J. B., 2003. Effects of sampling teams and estimation methods on the assessment of plant cover. Journal of Vegetation Science, 14: 899-906.
- Khajehdin, G. and Basiri, M., 1994. The introduction of First National Conference on range management and rangeland in Iran. Faculty of Natural Resources, Isfahan University of Technology.
- Lisa, J. B., 2002. Accuracy and efficiency of method to sample logs wildlife research and management. USDA Forest Gen, Tech PSW-GTR-181-185.
- Moghadam, M. R., 2001. Descriptive and statistical ecology. Publication of Tehran University. 285p
- Mohammadpour, M. and Azami, A., 2006. Evaluation the Rangelands of different weather regions in Province of Ilam. Research Project. Natural Resources and Animal Sciences Research Center, Ilam Province.
- Naghavi, H., Fallah, A., Jalilvand, H. and Soosani, J., 2009. Determination of the most appropriate transects length for estimation of quantitative characteristics in Zagros forest. Iranian Journal of Forest, 1(3): 229-238.
- Nimvari, J. E., Zobeiri, M., Sobhani, H. and Zanganeh, H. P., 2003. A comparison of randomized-systematic sampling with circle shape plot and transect method, based on precision and cost, (case study in Sorkhedizeh of Kermanshah). Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 56(4): 383-396.
- Nouki, Y., 2004. Comparison of transect sampling method with distance between trees and the transect line based on probability theory in terms of accuracy and cost in protected forests of Khalkhal. M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural resources, University of Tehran, 88p.
- Rabiei, F., 2008. Compare different methods of measuring the density and area of vegetation and determines the best method in the steppe region of Khajir National Park. M.Sc. thesis, Tehran University of Paiam Noor.
- Raiati Damavandi, M., 2000. Determine the most appropriate method for measuring vegetation cover in grasslands of Caspian region. M.Sc. thesis, Faculty of Natural Resources, University of Sari.
- Sanaei, A., Arzani H., Tavili A. and Farahpour M., 2015. Assessment of range suitability for sheep grazing according to the MSSG instructions (Case study: central Taleghan). Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 22(2): 275-288.
- Sohrabi, H., Askari, Y. and Zobeiri, Mahmood., 2013. Accuracy of Line Sampling Method for Estimating Canopy Cover and Density of Zagros Forests in Chartagh, Ardal . Journal of the forest and wood products, 66(3): 267-276.
- Sultani, M.I., Asghar, M., Javid Afzal, M. and Aslam, M., 1993. Cover, composition, frequency and biomass production of mixed shrubby vegetation of Zarchi (Kalat district) in upland Balochistan. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Research, 14 (2/3): 209-212.
- Vahidinia, k., Gholinejad, B. and Karami, P. 2015. Check environmental factors affecting the distribution patterns of dominant species rangeland types (Case study: Rangeland Ariz). Watershed Management Research (Pajouhesh &Sazandegi), 109: 40-47.
- Wilson, J.B., 2011. Cover plus: ways of measuring plant canopies and the terms used for them. Journal of Vegetation Science, 22: 197-206.
- Wilson, M.V., 2009. Measuring vegetation characteristics per area: Line and point intercept methods of measuring cover. http://oregonstate.edu/instruct/ bot440/ wilsomar/Content/Index.htm.