عنوان مقاله [English]
Wind erosion and its consequences, such as dust storms and sand movement is one of the environmental problems in arid regions. There are several ways to combat wind erosion, among which biological reclamation using drought-tolerant species and psammophytes is the most sustainable method. The initial establishment of these plants requires the use of sand stabilizers such as mulches. The mulch used in the past was the product of oil refineries and industries, which despite its merits such as strength and flexibility, had many environmental consequences. Therefore, researchers and scientists in the country decided to present an eco-friendly product that would replace the oil mulch. One of these products is polymer-cellulosic mulch, produced by the Department of Chemistry, Malek Ashtar University of Isfahan. This mulch was used in sand dunes of Kashan, during which the mulch resistance to environmental conditions, its effect on plant establishment, and soil moisture uptake and retention were investigated. The results showed that this mulch had no negative effect on plant establishment. Its resistance to wind erosion is very good for the first few months of spraying. However, over time and during the hot summer months, cracks appear that partially overshadow the mulch's stabilizing properties. The soil moisture content was about 4.5% higher in 10 t/h mulch as compared with control. In general, for the crust and cracks problems, this mulch cannot be a good alternative to petroleum mulch.
- Ahmadi, H. and Ekhtesasi, M. R., 2000. Effect of mulch to control wind erosion of land clay salt (Dagh) Non- Regenerative Biology, Journal of Desert, 5(2):1-14.
- Ahmadi, H., Ekhtesasi, M. R., Fyznya, S. and Ghaneie, M. J., 2002. Wind erosion control methods for railway protection (case study: Bafg). Iranian Journal of Natural Resources, 55 (3): 342-327.
- Chepil, W. S. and Milne, R. A., 1941. Wind erosion in relation to roughness of the surface. Journal of Soil Science, 52:417-433.
- Diouf, B., Skidmore, E. L., Layton, J. B. and Hagen, L. J., 1990. Stabilizing fine sand by adding clay: Laboratory wind tunnel study. Soil Technology, 3:21-23.
- Ekhtesasi, M. R., Zare Arnani, M. and Haji Abedi, M., 2013. Comparison chemical, biological and mineral Mulch for sand fixation. 3th national conference on wind erosion and dust storms, Yazd University.
- Farahpour, M., Ghauoor, F. A., Sharbaf, H. and Usefizadeh, A., 2005. Effect of the moisture absorbent material and non- oil mulch mulch oil on germination of plants and sand dune stabilization, Iranian journal of Rangeland and Desert Research, 12 (2): 121-134.
- Jafarian, V., 2005. Effects of mulch application of oil on the germination of plant species in desert areas. Master's thesis, Department of Natural Resources, Tehran University.
- Hazirei, F. and Zare Arnani, M., 2013. Effect of mulching clay - calcareous sands on consolidation therapy. Journal of Soil and Water, 27(2): 360-373.
- Heidari, M., Ahmadi, H., Ekhtesasi, M. R. and Drini, J., 2010. Effects of gravel mulch on soil erosion by wind erosion meter. 2th National Conference of wind erosion and dust storms, Yazd University.
- Immirzi, B., Malinconico, M., Santagata, G. and Trautz, D., 2007. Characterization of galactomannans and cellulose fibers based composites for new mulching spray technology. Journal of Acta Horticulturae, 801(1): 195-202.
- Majdi, H., Karimian-Eghbal, A., Karimzadeh, M. and Jalalian, H. R., 2006. Effect of different clay mulches on the amount of wind Eroded materials. Journal of science and technology of agriculture and natural resources, 10(3): 137-149.
- Movehedan, M., Abbasi, N. and Keramati, M., 2011. Experimental investigation of polyvinyl acetate polymer application for wind erosion control of soils. Journal of water and soil, 25(3): 606-616.
- Nazari Samani, A., Tavakkoli Fard, A., Ghasemieh, H., Mashhadi, N. and Rahdari, M. R., 2017.Integration of anemometers data and geomorphology of sand dunes in Kashan Erg. Iranian journal of rangeland and desert research, 24 (1): 67-79.
- Nohegar, A., Abbaszadeh, F., Akbarian, M. and Al-hatamiGourbandih, 2011. Investigation of Poly latise Polymer Capability in Soil Conservation Against Wind Erosion Case Study: Gahrdo Sirik, Journal of environmental erosion research, 3: 5-15.
- Refahi, H. A. H.,1999. Wind erosion and its control. University of Tehran Press, 320pp.
- Rezaie, S. A., 2009. Comparison of polymer lattice and mulch oil on seed germination and establishment of plants for biological fixation of sand dunes, Iranian journal of rangeland and desert research, 16 (1): 136-124.
- Vaezi, A.R., 2010. Oil use mulch to inhibit wind erosion and sand dune stabilization, 2th National Conference on Wind Erosion and Dust Storms, Yazd University.
- Yanli, X., Liu, L. Y., 2003. Effect of gravel mulch on Aeolian dust accumulation in the semiarid region of northwest China. Journal of Soil and Tillage Research, 70: 73-81.