عنوان مقاله [English]
The main purpose of this study was to analyze the effective factors on farmers' participation in combating desertification plans in Iran. Thus, a number of farmers as a sample population were selected using Cochran’s formula and multi-stages sampling for selecting samples was done. A questionnaire was used to collect data whose validity was confirmed by advisor and supervisor professors and some experts of desert organization. The reliability of the questionnaire was confirmed by computing Cronbach's alpha that was more than 0.75. Data were analyzed using SPSS and Expert choice 11 software and results showed that the population of the study had low literacy and income. They also had participated very few in education courses, whereas it was observed a significant positive relationship between variables such as literacy, income, and participation in education courses with the participation variable. Also, the correlation relationship between independent factors such as psychological, cultural, economic, education/extension and institution factors with the dependent variable of participation variable showed that except psychological factor, all of those factors had a significant relationship (sig level of 0.01) with participation variable. The results of the regression analysis also revealed that social/cultural and economic factors were the most important factors on the participation variable and explained 66% of participation changes. The model output indicated that rural communities showed significant interest in the city.
- Ahmadi, R., Heydari, Q., Khoshfar, G., 2018. Analysis of the relationship between different levels of trust with the participation of rangeland beneficiaries in rangeland improvement and reclamation (Case study: Choghakadoo, Kermanshah Province). Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 25(2), 344-354.
- Arayesh, B., Hosseini, F., Mirdamadi, M., Malek Mohammadi, E., 2010. A comparison between viewpoint of experts and utilizers of natural resources on people participation in the process of preservation, restoration, development and utilization of forests and rangelands. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 17(3), 377-392.
- Atmis, E., Dasdemir, I., Lise, W. and Yidiran, O., 2007. Analysis factors affecting women’s participation in non-desertification in Turkey. Journal of Ecological Economic, 60: 787-796.
- Chowdhury, S. A., 2004. Participation in Non desertification: A study of people's participation on the social policy in Bangladesh: Myth or reality?. Department of Administration Organization Theory University of Bergen.
- Dolisca, F., 2006. Factors influencing farmer’s participation in desert management programs: A case study from Haiti. Journal of Desert Ecology and Management, 236:324-331.
- FRW., 2007. Creating forests, range and watershed management organization, desertification demonstration in Iran and the world. Publications Office of Public Participation, Tehran, 324p.
- Ghorbani, M. and Avazpour, L., 2017. Analysis of structural characteristics of rural women network for establishment of collaborative management in desert areas (Pilot: Tajmir Village, carbon sequestration international project, South Khorasan province). Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 24(2), 383-391.
- Heidarpur, Z., 2006. Investigating the role of membership in forestry cooperatives in conservation, development and exploitation of forest resources in west of Mazandaran. Master's Degree in Rural Development, University of Tehran, Faculty of Economics and Rural Development, Department of Agricultural Management and Development.
- Karimi, J., and Sharifzadeh, M., 2017. Investigating determinants of stakeholders' participation on rangeland projects: the case of Goltape Township, Saqqez County. Iranian Journal of Range and Desert Research, 24(1), 238-248.
- Logo, P. B., 2000. Dialectics for the promotion of community desert in Africa from the top and from the grassroots: actual situation and prospects. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Community Desert in Africa, Gambia.
- Malek Mohammadi, A., 1998. Promotion and education of agriculture and natural resources. Publications Center for Academic Publishing, Tehran, 444p.
- Maskey, V., Gebremedhin, T. and Dalton, T., 2003.A survey analysis of participation in a Community desert management in Nepal. Selected Paper for Presentation at the Northeastern Agricultural Resource Economics Association, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, June 8-10, Research Paper, 2003-2008, 21P.
- Mehregan, M., 2004. Advanced operational research. Academic Publishing, First Edition, 164p.
- Nateghi, D., 2006. Look and management in desert areas of the country. Journal of Forest and Range Quarterly, 19: 25-29.
- Peyman Mahar, H., 2000. Desertification change summit. Tehran University Press, 252p.
- Shaeri, A. M., 2000. Designing a participatory promotional model for the adoption of the project for organizing the exit of livestock from the Caspian Sea region forest. Ph.D thesis, Agricultural Promotion and Education, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran.
- Shirazi, M., 1996. Effective factors in attracting people's participation in desertification of Semnan Province, Master's Degree in Agricultural Promotion and Education, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran.
Soltanieh, M., 2004. Global climate change and international commitments. Tabesh Publishing, Tehran.