عنوان مقاله [English]
Haloxylon is a resistant tree naturally found in some desert areas of Iran, which sometimes faces dieback. This research was conducted to investigate the factors affecting the dieback of this species in Hossein Abad Mish-Mast Qom. Growth and yield traits including the density of trees, number of branches, trunk diameter and height, canopy area, tree age, trunk form, pests, and diseases were recorded in the field. Leaf samples were taken from the trees with varying drying and the amount of sodium, potassium, phosphorus, and chlorine was measured. Soil profiles were dug and soil samples were taken from areas with different drought stress of trees to measure physico-chemical characteristics of the soil at different depths. The results showed that there was a direct relationship between the density of trees and their drying. The results of soil analysis showed that soil salinity was an important factor in the establishment of trees since the density of trees decreased by increasing soil salinity. Also, low concentrations of nutrients have been found to be effective in tree growth and yield. The results of leaf analysis showed that the amount of sodium and chlorine in the leaves was very high and in the older trees the amount of these elements was higher in the leaves. The results showed that salinity was not the only cause of drying of the trees but the higher density was more important in causing this problem. Ecological problems and nutritional deficiencies associated with high density and lack of proper planting intervals were the main causes of drying of trees.
- Ahmadian Yazdi, M. J. and Rahbar, E., 2003. Effect of thinning on growth and vigority of Haloxylon spp. plantation in Sabzevar. Iranian Journal of Rangeland and Desert Research, 10 (4): 459-470.
- Ali Ahmad Korori, S., 2014. Ecosystem management of natural and plantation sites of Haloxylon of Iran. Pooneh Publication, Tehran.
- Amani, M. and Parvizi, A., 1996. Saxaul silviculture. Research institute of forests and rangelands publication, Tehran. 118p.
- Ferydoony-Nasry, M., Rahbar, E. and Karimy, O., 2007. Growth of Haloxylon spp. plantation, ten years after thinning, in Gonabad. Iranian Journal of Rangeland and Desert Research, 13 (4): 385-393.
- Jafari, M., Niknahad, H. and Erfanzadeh, R., 2003. Effect of Haloxylon plantation on some soil characteristics and vegetation cover (Case study: Hossein Abade-E-Mishmast region of Qom province). Journal of desert (Biaban), 8 (1): 152-162.
- Jafari, M., Azarnivand, H., Tavakoli, H., Zehtabian and G. and Esmailzadeh, H., 2004. Investigation on different vegetation effects on sand dunes stabilization and improvement in Kashan. Quarterly Journal of Pajouhesh-va-Sazandegi, 64: 16-21.
- Kamrani, F., Tavili, A., Jafari, M. and Baghestani Maybodi, N., 2013. The effects of salt absorption and accumulation on dryness of Haloxylon planted forest of desert areas (Case study: Ashkezar, Yazd province). Journal of desert management, 2 (1): 49-57.
- Mahmoudi, A. A., Zahedi, G. and Etemad, V., 2012. The investigation on the relationship between soil physical and chemical properties and succulence of natural and planted saxaul (Haloxylon spp) (Case study: Hosseinabad plain, Southern Khorasan province). Iranian Journal of Forest, 4 (4): 289-299.
- Mirmohammady Maibody, S. A. M., Dybaie, S., Shariatmadari, H. and Baghestani Maybodi, N., 2017. Some echophysiological characteristics of Haloxylon appilium in Yazd Province. Journal of Water and Soil Sciences, 21 (1): 249-262.
- Rad, M. H., Soltani, M., Zare, M. and Tagamolian, N., 2014. Effects of drought stress on some physiological and morphological characteristics in different populations of black saxual (Haloxylon aphyllum). Iranian Journal of Rangeland and Desert Research, 21 (4): 620-630.
- Rahbar, E., 1985. Effects of population density and precipitation on growth of Haloxylon plantation. Publication Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands.
- Rahbar, E., 1987. Interrelationship of some soil physical properties, population density and precitipation on Haloxylon growth. Publication Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands.
- Rahbar, E., 1996. Aviodance and/or Treatment of Haloxylon wilting by optimization of population density, annual preticipation and soil moisture saturation percentage. Publication Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands.
- Rasouli, M., Mataji, A., Kiadaliri, H., Haghani, G. and Madanipour Kermanshahi, M., 2013. Investigation of the effect cultured operation time on the power scopes Haloxylon persicum (Case study: Varamin-Abardezh). Journal of Quarterly Renewable Natural Resources Research, 4 (1): 29-37.
- Salardini, A., 1979. Relationship between soil and plant. University of Tehran Press.
- Tavakoli Neko, H., Adnani, M. and Ahani, H., 2009. Silviculture of Haloxylon plantation in Hossein Abad Mish-Mast, Qom, Iran. National conference on drought management, Shiraz, 13-14 May: 487-492.
- Zandi Esfahan, E., Khajedin, S. J., Jafari, M., Karimizadeh, H. and Azarnivand, H., 2007. Relationship between amount of growth in Haloxylon ammodendron and edaphic characteristics in Segsi plain of Isfahan. Quarterly Water and Soil Science (Journal of Science and Technology of agriculture and Natural Sciences), 11 (40): 449- 463.