عنوان مقاله [English]
Dust storm phenomenon is one of the most damaging natural disasters in arid and semi-arid regions of the world especially in Iran caused problem on human health and environment. The main reason of dust storm event can be climate change, destruction of natural ecosystems, deforestation, and destruction of rangelands in Iran and neighbor countries like Iraq. Ilam province due to adjacent to vast deserts such as the Iraq Sahara is exposed to severe dust storm continuously. The aim of this study was to identify the critical points of dust sources in Ilam province. At first step, long-term climate data (8 synoptic weather stations), vegetation cover, and physiography of study area were collected. In the second step, soil sampling was carried out at 0-30 cm soil depths in some places in Ilam province and then these soil samples were transferred to the soil laboratory for chemical and physical analyses. In the third step, by using USEPA model, soil and the maps of climatic parameters were prepared and finally critical and high critical dust source points were mapped through integration of different maps in Ilam province. The results showed that the Bahram Abad area in the central Mehran and Abu-Ghoraib and Abu-Ghovayr areas in Musian part, Dehloran city were selected as high critical sources of dust storm in Ilam province due to the highest corresponding with dust storm identification criteria. This project could be useful for prevention and control of dust storm via identification and dust storm maps.
- Arami, A., Onagh, M., Mohammadian-Behbahani, A., Akbari, M. and Zarsavand, A., 2018.Analysis of dusting Risk studies in southwest of Iran during the 22-year perio (1996-2017). Journal of Environmental Spatial Analysis, 1: 66-39.
- Arimoto, R., 2000. Relationships to Sources, tropospheric chemistry, transport and deposition. Journal of Earth-Science Reviews, 54(1): 29-42.
- Gohardost, A., Azimi, F. and Arimoto, R., 2009. Relationships to source, tropospheric chemistry, transport and deposition, Journal of Earth Science, 1: 100-110.
- Hemati, N., 1995. The frequency of occurrence of storms in the central and southern parts of the country. Master's Thesis for Geophysics, University of Tehran, 200p.
- Heydari, M., 2007. Mud and its atmospheric pattern in the west of the country. Kermanshah Meteorological Journal, 76: 11-12.
- Heydarian, P., Aghdari, A., Jodaki, M., Darvishi-Khatouni, J. and Shahbaz, R., 2016. Identification of dust dangers using remote sensing, GIS and Geology (Case study: Khouzestan province). Scientific Geology Journal, Geosciences, 105: 33-46.
- Hosseini, S., Parvari, H., Pahlavanravi, M., Moghaddamnia, A., ShahriariA, R. and Ekhtesasi, M. R., 2012. Comparison of ICD and ESAs models to desertification map in the Nyatk region of Sistan. Journal of Watershed Management Research (Pajouhesh and Sazandegi), 90: 42-54.
- Lashkari, H. and Keikhosrowi, G., 2008. Synoptic statistical analysis of the stormy storms of Khorasan Razavi province. Journal of Natural Geography Research, 65: 33-17.
- McLean, E. O., 1982. Soil PH and Lime requirement, 199p.
- Memarian-Fard, M., Mokhtari, H., Kouhzadbighi, B. and Zolfaghari, H., 2017. Investigating the microflora and dust, its effects and its containment methods. Third International Conference on Environment, Energy and Bio-Defense.ScientificQuartely Journal, Geosciences, 27: 105-116
- Tahmasebi-Birgani, H., Abedinezhad, G. H. and Nowsharifar, B., 2009. Survey of dust storms and wind erosion in Khuzestan province and solutions to it. Journal of Forest and Range Quarterly, 81: 21-25.
- Xuan, J., 1999. Dust emission factors for environment of northern China. Journal ofA tmospheric Environment, 33:1767-1776.
Zolfaghari, F., Shahriari, A., Fakhireh, A., Rashki, R., Noori, S. and Khosravi, H., 2010. Assessment of desertification potential using IMDPA model in Sistan plain. Journal of Watershed Management Research (Pajouhesh and Sazandegi), 91: 97-107.