عنوان مقاله [English]
Iran is frequently exposed to local and synoptically dust storm due to the geographical location of Iran. In recent years, dust storm frequencies and intensities have been increased significantly in Iran and especially in Isfahan Province, seriously disrupting human life and affecting the quality of life. This phenomenon is particularly increased in the spring and summer. Climate factors play an important role in dust storms. In this research, spatiotemporal changes of climate factors and dust storms were studied. Therefore, we analyzed climate factors (precipitation, temperature, wind speed and humidity) and dust storms frequency during 1992 to 2016. Poisson regression model was used for statistical modeling of temporal and spatial variations of dust and climatic parameters. According to the models, there was conformity between the results and the predicted values throughout the months. In addition, the results showed that wind speed played a major role in the occurrence of dust storms and had the highest coefficient. The results also showed that most of the dusty days are in the spring and then in the eastern part of the province, which is related to the local centers in the eastern part of the province and summer winds.
- Dong, C.H. and Tao, S.H., 2017. Joint return probability analysis of wind speed and rainfall intensity in typhoon-affected sea area. Journal of Natural Hazards, 8: 1193- 1205.
- Fazel Dehkordi, L.,Sohrabi, T.,Ghanavizbaf, M. H. and Ghazavi, R., 2016. Drought monitoring by using of MODIS Satellite Images in Dry land (Case study: Esfahan Rangelands). Iranian Journal of Geography and Environmental Planning, 27(3):177-190.
- Gao, Y., Arimoto, R., Duce, R. A., Zhang, X. Y., Zhang, G. Y., An, Z. S., Chen, L. Q., Zhou, M. Y. and Gu, D. Y., 1997. Temporal and spatial distributions of dust and its deposition to the China Sea. Journal of Tellus, 49: 172–189.
- Gillette, D. A., 1981, .Production of dust that may be carried great distances. Journal of Land Degradation and Development,.196: 11–26.
- In, H. J. and Park, S. V., 2002. A simulation of long-range transport of yellow sand observed. Journal of Atmospheric Environment, 36: 4173–4187.
- Kurosaki, Y. and Mikami, M., 2003. Recent Frequent Dust Events and Their Relation to Surface Wind in East Asia. Journal of Geophys, 30: 17-36.
- Kurosaki, Y. and Mikami, M., 2005. Regional difference in the characteristics of dust event in East Asia: Relationship among dust outbreak, surface wind, and land surface condition. Journal of Meteorologist Society, 83:1–8.
- Liu, X., Li, N., Yuan, S., Xu, N., Shi, W. and Chen, W. 2015. The joint return period analysis of natural disasters based on monitoring and statistical modeling of multidimensional hazard factors. Science Total Environment, 538: 724–732.
- Li, N., Liu, X., Xie,W., Wu, J., and Zhang, P., 2013. The return period analysis of natural disasters with statistical modeling of bivariate joint probability distribution. Journal of Risk Analysis, 33 (1): 134–145.
- Mirakbari, M., Mesbahzade, T. and Mohseni Saravi, M., 2018. Statistical analysis for bivariate copula for return period of dust storm In Yazd, Iranian Journal of Watershed Management Science and Engineering, 12(40):115-125.
- Nickling, W. G. and Brazel, A. J., 1984. Temporal and spatial characteristics of Arizona Dust Storms (1965–1980). Journal of Climate, 4: 645–660.
- Nicholson, S. E. and Farrar, T. J., 1994. The Influence of Soil Type on the Relationship Between NDVI, Rainfall, and soil moisture in Semiarid Botswana: I. NDVI Response to Rainfall. Journal of Remote Sensing Environment, 50: 107–120.
- Reiji, K., Bai, L. and Wang, J., 2009. Relationship among dust outbreak,vegatation cover, and surface soil water content on the Loess Plateaue of chima,1999-2000. Journal of Catena,77:292-299.
- Roudbari, M. and Salehi. M., 2014. The Poisson and negative binomial regression models with zero-inflated count: An application to educational data, Journal of Medical Sciences, 21(119):18-24.
- Shao, Y., Wang, J. J., 2003, Climatology of northeast Asian dust events. Journal of Meteorological Research, 12: 175–183.
- Shi, G.Y. and Zhao, S. X., 2003. Several scientific issues of studies on the dust storms. Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, 27: 591–606.
- Wang, X., Dong, Z. and Zhang, J., 2004. Modern dust storms in China: an overview. Journal of Arid Environment, 58: 559–574.
Wiggs, G. F. S., Bullard, J. E. and Atherton, R. J., 2004. The dynamic effects of moisture on the entrainment and transport of sand by wind. Journal of Geomorphology, 59: 13–30