عنوان مقاله [English]
Drought and its effects is one of the world's major concerns. As one of the countries in the dry belt of the earth, Iran has always been and is facing environmental issues and natural hazards caused by drought. Therefore, this study aimed to monitor the aridity in Sistan and Baluchestan using remote sensing data and geographic information system techniques for over a period of 15 years (2015-2000). In this regard, the MODIS satellite images from 2000 to 2015 were analyzed by applying the yearly Precipitation Condition Index (PCI) and Standardized Precipitation Index (SPI). Then, the drought changes were evaluated using supervised classification method and difference images. The results showed that the years 2007 and 2001 with an area of 157383.06 and 306.05 km2 had the highest and lowest levels of precipitation, and also with an area of 49511.1 and 69233.83 km2 had the minimum and maximum level of drought, respectively. The most severity change of drought has been in time for the 2002-2001 period and the place also belong to parts of Khash, Iranshahr and Sarbaz who takes 194302.93 km2 of the province. Finally, the general trend of changes in precipitation and drought is decreasing and increasing, respectively, requiring the major planning of resources conservation and risk and crisis management to rehabilitate and maintain the ecosystem of arid regions.
- Alizadeh, A., 2005. Foundation of applied Hydrology. Mashad, Iran, 815p.
- Ba-aghideh, M., Alijani, B. and Ziaeian, P., 2012. Assessment of possibility of using vegetation index (NDVI) in drought analysis of Esfahan province. Journal of Geographical Studies of Arid Regions, 1(4): 1-16.
- Bandary, W. and Asgharipour, A., 2010. Investigation of managing methods present solutions for combating against grought phenomenon in Iran. The second Conference on Geography. University of Tehran, Iran. https://www.civilica.com/Paper-IGSCUT02-IGSCUT02_017.html
- Cai, G., Du, M. and Liu, Y., 2011. Regional drought monitoring and analyzing using MODIS Data - A case study in Yunnan Province. In: Li D., Liu Y., Chen Y. (eds) Computer and Computing Technologies in Agriculture IV. CCTA 2010. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, 345: 243-251.
- Heidari S.V. and Bakhtary, S., 2015. Investigating solutions to combat drought in rural regions in view of agricultural experts. A case study in Khoozestan province. Iran. Journal of Geography and Environmental Studies, 4(15): 19-34.
- Jahandideh, M. and Shirvani, A., 2001. Prediction of drought based on SPI 7sing time sets models in Fars province. Iranian Water Researches Journal, 5(3): 19-27.
- McKee, T. B., Doesken, N. J. and Kleist, J., 1993. The relationship of drought frequency and duration to time scales. Proceedings of the 8th Conference on Applied Climatology, American Meteorological Society, Boston: 179-184.
- Peters, A., Waltershea, E., Ji, L., Vliia, A., Hayes, M. and Svoboda, M., 2002. Drought monitoring with NDVI-based standardized vegetation index. Journal of Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, 68(1): 71-75.
- Pourkhosravani, N., Mehrabi, A. and Mousavi, S. H., 2018. Drought spatial analysis of Sirjan Basin using remote sensing. Desert Ecosystem Engineerin Journal, 7 (20): 13-22. Iranian Water Researches Journal, 5(9): 19-27.
- Rahimi, D., Movahedy, S., Barghi, H., 2009. Assesment of drought severity using SPI index. A case study Sistan & Balouchestan province, Iran. Journal of Geography and Envirinmental Planning, 20(4): 43-56.
- Rasouli, A., 2008. Basis of applied remote sensing. University of Tabriz Press, 777p.
- Shamsipour, A. A., Alavipanah, S. K. and Mohammadi, H., 2010. Assessing efficiency of vegetativs and thermal indices (NOAA-AVHRR) in drought analysis ok Kashan region. Iranian journal of Range and Desert Research, 17(3): 445-465.
- Shamsnia, S., Pirmoradian, N. and Amiri, S. N., 2008. Drought modeling in Fars Province using time sets analysis. Journal of Geography and Envirinmental Planning, 28: 165-189.
- Shareful Hassan, M. D. ad Mahmud-ul-islam, S., 2013. Drought vulnerability assessment in the high barind tract of Bangladesh using MODIS NDVI and land surface temperature (LST) Imageries. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). 4(2): 55-60.
- Singh, R.P., Roy, S. and Kogan. F., 2003. Vegetation and temperature condition indices from NOAA AVHRR data for drought monitoring over India. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 24 (22): 4393–4402.
- Tralli, D. M., Blom, G., Zlotnicki, V., Donnellan, A. and Evans, D. L., 2008. Satellite remote sensing of earthquake, volcano, flood, landslide and coastal inundation hazards. ISPS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. (29): 102– 190.
- Vahabi, J., 1990. The Zonation of Flood Hazards Using Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System in Taleghan Watershed. M.Sc. Thesis of Tarbiat Modares University.
- Yan-jun, I., Xiao-dong, Z., Fan, L. and Jing, M., 2012. Analysis of drought evolvement characteristics based on standardized precipitation index in the Huaihe River Basin. Journal of Procedia Engineering, 28: 437-434.
- Zarea-Abianeh, H., Sabzy-parvar, A. A. and Maroofy, S., 2015. Monitoring and analysis of meteorological drought in Sistan & Balouchestan region. Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 17(64): 49-61.
- Zhang, M., Zhu, X., Fan, J., Li, G. and Zhang, Y., 2008. Monitoring drought dynamics in huanghuai region of China using AVHRR-based vegetation health indices in comparison with ground data. 1131-1145. In: Remote Sensing for Agriculture, Ecosystems and Hydrology XI. Edited by Christopher M. U. Neale, Antonino Maltese.